Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"If we had known what we know now, one year later, we'd still be around."
- "One Year Later," The Get Up Kids.


Why did I start this post out with a lyric? I'm not entirely sure. I was listening to the actual song, and he just keeps repeating it. I thought it seemed right, so I went with it. We'll see what happens.

I've been really busy lately with work and wrestling. Last weekend's FIP events were fun, but I didn't get to sleep much. I stayed up way too late editing pictures, and then woke up earlier than I had wanted. Granted, I still woke up at around 11am, but still...I'd rather sleep more than less.

Christmas is officially tomorrow, and I'm not very prepared. I think I have all of the gifts I needed to buy, but I still feel like I'm missing something. I'm just stressed. After Christmas, I will be in Ohio until the following Tuesday, and then it's back to the daily grind. This Ohio trip means a lot to me, because it'll be the first time in three years that I've actually been out of the state. Saying that back sounds kind of ridiculous to me, but it's completely true.

I'm a big fan of Ohio because I'm a big fan of having my entire family together. I never got to experience that growing up, and I wish I could've. There's a lot of heat within both sides of my family, but a lot of it seems to have been squashed. I always hated watching television shows where grandparents would come and visit the kids, and bring them gifts and words of wisdom, because I never had that. I have a grandmother that lived with us, and while I love her to death, she's just crazy. Other than that, I can't say I have grandparents, even though 3/4 of them are alive. It's kind of sad.

I'm just kind of lonely. 'Tis the season.




xxx.

No comments: