Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My sister is moving to Georgia in little over a week, and it is now dawning on me as to how weird that will be for me. For the past twenty years of my life she has lived with me, so this change, though it is definitely good for her, is going to be very strange for me. There won't be anyone to watch old Nickelodeon commercials on Youtube with at 1am. There won't even be anyone else here up at 1am, for that matter. There won't be anyone to reminisce about random stuff about here all the time, or to go to the store with me late at night when I forget something. I know these things sound really little to most, but it means something to me.

I tell people this a lot, but since my family moved around a lot, we became really close. For a while, we were all we really had. Before we made friends, we would spend all of our time together. Though it was very frustrating at times, looking back, I wouldn't change it for the world. Emily and I got really close due to the fact that we were experiencing new middle schools and high schools together at the same time, so we understood each other as to where we were coming from. So, this is going to be a hard move for me, but I will do my regular gimmick and just be stonefaced. That's how I am, I guess. She's gonna enjoy herself though.

This weekend marks my parents' 25th wedding anniversary, and we are having a big party for both that as well as Em's graduation. 25 years is a long time, and a big feat. To think that my mom was about my age when she moved to Florida and got married boggles my mind. I am so far from that, it can't even compute to me. Being together for this long takes skill. I'm very happy for them.

I listen to Bob Seger a lot. Almost too much.

I keep trying to post a video on here of Arlie and the Hero, but I can't figure it out. I think I'm just going to post it in a different post, and then post this. Here goes nothing.


xxx.

No comments: